| 04/17/12 ||
In the wake of version 28.5's launch (on March 31), I've been continuing to work on the site. When I get started I have to force myself to stop, and it looks like that time has come. Here's what has changed during this month:
- The original traffic counter from version 28.0 has been revamped. Some of the links on the TIS Page were getting stuck in place among other problems. The new system is more reliable.
- The Audio/Video Component Archive has undergone some improvements behind-the-scenes. The visible changes are a different drop-down "Category" menu and the lack of "Last Updated" dates. The standard measurements (HWD in inches, weights in pounds) are being replaced with metric ones, since a lot more of my source material and visitors are from (insert literally any country besides America). It makes no sense to convert measurements one way just so my users will have to convert them back.
- Speaking of the metric system, the temperature bug on EG Prime only displays Celcius now. I wanted to keep both, but wunderground.com's new bugs don't work very well that way. A Florida state flag has also been added to the US one. I consider myself a full-fledged Floridian now. May as well show it.
- Also on EG Prime the date now tracks UTC as well as Eastern Time. If it's the same date (as it is 20 hours a day), you'll only see one date displayed. If you check between 8pm and midnight (Eastern), it'll display both. EGrabow HD officially operates with UTC, BTW.
- Finally, there are the gaps in EG Mobile getting filled in. The only one left is the Audio/Video Component Archive, which will be branded "AVCA Mobile". I'd hoped to launch it this weekend, but it needed to wait a few days.
And with that last item checked off the list egrabow.com will slow down in its development again. I have another novel to write, after all. But your feedback and suggestions are always welcome. The next time I roll up my sleeves and increase the version number, I expect it to end with a ".0": a full overhaul. I'm grinning already.
- Oh yeah, and new business cards!